• Katie Lofts

Honours Blog - Buildings - Week 4

Updated: 2 days ago

14/11/2022 - 20/11/2022



Of course, I'm never without a baking problem! It was easily fixed though, it turns out I just forgot to properly lay out the window UV set and had some overlapping. I just quickly went back into Maya and rejigged some of the UV's and reimported the model.

Here is the final bake!

Blocking in colours.

Made a quick roof tile material in Substance Designer. I really wanted to be able to get the tiling baked in via normals and height maps, so I preferred this route opposed to modelling or sculpting the tiles.







I made some alterations to the peeling teal paint on the wood windows, as I felt like the first version was just a bit too noisy and not keeping in with the style I set.


After some feedback in class, I added some flashing around my roof and dormer windows as well.

6 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All